Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Truth

It seems that in the quests that men involve themselves in there is a quest for truth. There are those today who say that there is no such thing as absolute truth; that truth is situational; that truth is what you believe it to be. Ever te constant question - What is truth? As believers in Christ we know that truth is not a concept, rule, ritual, or imagination from the heart of man. Rather truth is a person, Jesus Christ. In Him we find truth. That which is apart from Him is not truth. He declared in John 14:6 "I am . . . the truth. He is the essence and embodiment of truth. Truth eminates from His character. But why the subject of truth in a blog? Good question! We are to walk in truth. John said in one of his letters "I have no greater joy than to hear of my children walking in truth". That is a delight to my heart also, not just for my own children of my family, but for those who the Lord has blessed me with the privilege of being a part of their lives and hopefully a spiritual encouragement to. To walk in truth is very unique. Jesus, the manifestation of God upon this earth, was said to be "full of grace and truth". There was a quality, a richness about His life of graciousness, of righteousness that overflowed from His life as He lived and dwelt among us. To walk in truth means to live in the grace of the Lord, knowing who He has made us and the wondrous work of redemption He has wrought in our lives. To walk in truth means to live according to the truth of the Word of God. To let His Word be my very sustenance and provision in my life. To partake of it, rejoice in it, live in it and let it dwell richly in me. To walk in truth means to speak the truth in love. Many who know the truth sometimes have a haughty spirit about them. But those who truly walk in the truth, they walk humbly with the Lord, their speech is seasoned with grace, and the law of kindness is on their lips. I love the truth, I long to live in the truth, I desire for others to walk in the truth also, and I rejoice when I hear of them walking in the truth. May the Lord grant you His peace and an awareness of His presence as you walk in the truth.

No comments: