Sunday, June 1, 2008

In His Time

One of the things that the Lord keeps teaching me is that He does things according to His plan and His time. Sometimes I like to rush ahead of the Lord and try to do what I think is His will in my way - that doesn't work. Sometimes it seems as though I am lagging behind what the Lord wants - but the truth of the matter is that, through it all, He is not early, nor is He late, He's always on time. For the past 3 years, this July 2nd, I will have had the privilege of being associate pastor of family ministries at Grace Community Baptist Church. It has been a wonderful time of learning from the Lord and seeing Him work in the hearts and lives of people. I have had the privilege of helping plan the services and preaching at times which is the real love of my heart - to preach and teach God's Word faithfully to others. God has blessed and within the past year we have been bulging at the seams on Sunday mornings. I really believe some people may have left because there was no room. But after 5 years of the church's existence, the Lord has provided us with a permanent home of our own. We will be moving to a new location next week, Lord willing, that will be our own to minister to people. The new location will be on 109th and South Sante Fe. Our focus has never been on buildings but now we will have about a 300 seat auditorium with which to declare God's Word. Interestingly enough, the ground breaking for this building was done the same month our church constituted over 5 years ago. It was built for around $900,000 and we purchased it for $600,000. God just blessed in His time. Another former pastor from an extremely large church even offered the people $700,000 cash but was turned down because our deal was already started. May prayer is that this place will be a place where people come to know Christ, where families are built to be strong in the Lord, where the praises of God will be on the lips and hearts of His people and where we will boldly proclaim the truth in love, unashamedly for the Lord Jesus. O magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together!

2 comments:

John and Becky Henderson said...

That is AWESOME! I am so excited for your church. God is so good and is going to do mighty things through your church in your community. I just know it!

Beth said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the new place next time we are in town. Love you Dad!