Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God is Good

Well, here I am doing what some of my kids have wanted me to do for a long time apparently. I don't know really where to start but I do know that the Lord has been so very good to me. I have been married to my wife, Mala, for almost 35 years. She is my joy and inspiration. I don't know how I could live this life without her. The Bible says that whoever finds a wife finds a good thing. I have 5 great kids. Becky is the oldest, married to John Henderson, and they are following the Lord in Pennsylvania where John is studying to be a world class chef. He is working hard and we are so proud of him. Becky works in a bank in Indiana, PA, which is the home of Jimmy Stewart.They have seen the Lord work in their lives on the journey they are taking many times, and have a trust in the Lord that makes them strong. Beth, daughter number two, lives in Alaska with her husband, AWACS Major Nathan Hendricks, and our two wonderful grandkids, Breanna (almost 3) and Nathan (1). I don't to see them much but I sure love my grandchildren and Beth and Nathan. God is using them in Alaska as they are teaching a marriage enrichment course at their church called - Radically Married. Our oldest son, Britt, is a junior at the University of Oklahoma and his heart is for the mission field. He is also a bold witness and has a heart for the things of God. The Lord has brought a young lady into his life named Lauren Werner. She works for a ministry called, Reaching Souls International, and also has a real heart for missions. How the Lord brought her into our family is truly a evidence of God's goodness as she is the daughter of one of my first students at CHA where I have taught for the past 29 years, Greg Werner. Brooke, who helped me set up the blog, actually she did it all, is a Senior at Christian Heritage Academy where I teach. God has gifted her with the ability to play the piano. She tried out for the OU School of Music in Piano Performance last Friday and we are prayerfully waiting to see if the Lord would have her go there at this time. She has also been a cheerleader for the past 6 years and we have seen the Lord provide for her and use her in many ways. Our youngest son, Bryce, is truly a joyful energetic young man. He is in the 3rd grade and may have the tenderest heart of the whole family. God's plans for him are good and we are waiting to see the young man he will grow up to be in the Lord. You see I told you God is good. Who could ask for more than a great family with a wonderful wife and children who love the Lord and are serving Him, stepping out in faith wherever He leads. Sometimes my heart is very sad because we are apart, but then I think, God is just answering the prayers that we have had for our children - not for wealth, or fame, or temporal things that don't last, but for a godly generation to bear His name. I could go on and on and tell you about my parents and extended family. But enough for now - Remeber - God is good!

2 comments:

John and Becky Henderson said...

Daddy, I love to hear your heart! I am so glad to be able to come home soone and talk with you face to face. God is, indeed, GOOD!

Anonymous said...

one word - NICE. lol (oh... lol means laugh out loud)
by the way... brianna's name is spelled with an i not an e